Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Week 8, Thing 19: Web 2.0 Awards List

I had fun exploring Backpack. What a great way to create and store all those lists that would normally be written on little pieces of paper that you can never lay your hands on when you need them. Customizing a calendar is also a handy feature. These are wonderful tools for personal or work use. It's the ability to share information that is so remarkable to me.

Google Maps was very helpful. Usually, I use Mapquest but I think I like Google Maps better as you can post maps to your blog, etc.

I also took a look at Medstory under the Health category. This would be a good tool to lead patrons to when they're researching health issues, as the websites listed are very reputable, like the Mayo Clinic and the National Cancer Institute.

No comments: